Scorpions

Did you know scorpions have eight legs? So that means they are part of the spider family. Scorpions have two weapons. The first is their claw and the second is their stinger. Most of the venom is in the ball part of the stinger. The venom travels to the stinger. That’s why scorpions have venom.  They also have a shell. scorpion

We are also studying in class about our animal that we want to study. It is awesome studying the scorpion. They live in the savanna, desert and rain forest. The scorpion uses its tail for defense.

Here is a VoiceThread about our animals. A VoiceThread is a when you make a video and share information.

3 thoughts on “Scorpions

• April 21, 2015 at 4:45 pm
    Permalink

Dear Garrett,
    Great job on this post. I didn’t know scorpions have 8 legs! That’s very scary. I like how much detail you put into this post. Keep up the great work!

From,
    Taylor

Reply
    • April 23, 2015 at 11:32 pm
      Permalink

Thanks Taylor for cometing on my blog I hope you come back next year too.
      From, Garret

Reply
  • June 7, 2015 at 3:24 pm
    Permalink

Hi Garrett,
    I really enjoyed seeing you and all the second graders display and talk about their insects and animals. I really like your scorpion head with its long tail. You are such a smart boy. I am very proud of you. I learned a lot with your blog. Thank you. Love, Grandma Kuhn

Reply